Keys of Inspiration®:
- Offers a safe, creative outlet for emotional release in schools
- Implements high-quality music learning experiences for all students
- Delivers a rigorous music education program that supports student achievement in music, as well as overall academic and social performance
School Selection Criteria:
- Title 1 School
- 75% minimum enrollment in Free/Reduced Lunch Program
After an intensive application process, selected schools receive the following:
- A state-of-the-art Roland piano lab
- An exciting curriculum, developed by Lang Lang
- Teaching materials and supplies
We strive to ignite a passion for music in youth so that they can be leaders in bridging cultural gaps, helping to unite local and global communities. We believe that by encouraging music study in the public school setting, we are laying the groundwork for a brighter tomorrow.
All Keys of Inspiration® teachers are talented music educators, and receive additional Professional Development opportunities through KOI. Each summer, our teachers come together in New York City for workshops designed to meet their needs as group piano instructors. Teachers have the opportunity to explore what it means to teach group piano, and discover how to use the state-of-the-art technology that makes up their lab. This collaborative workshop creates a unique community of teachers who are not only dedicated to changing the world with music.
Through a new collaboration with Carnegie Hall, our Keys of Inspiration® teachers now have the opportunity to attend the week-long Carnegie Hall Summer Music Educators Workshop. In July 2017, our teachers spent a week at Carnegie Hall with highly esteemed guest faculty. They learned how to embrace creativity in the classroom, integrate technology into their lessons, and use composition and improvisation to inspire their students.
We believe that a quality music education starts with the teacher, and our goal is to make sure that our educators have all the necessary tools to successfully implement this program.